Leading Sports Medicine Specialists
“Where can I find specialists in sports medicine near me in North Carolina?” This is a common question for anyone struggling with athletic injuries or pain that makes it difficult to be active. Wherever you are in the state, EmergeOrtho’s sports medicine experts can help.
Our specialty-trained physicians combine extensive expertise with innovative technologies to create an individualized treatment plan for each patient. As leaders in sports medicine, our team uses a multidisciplinary approach and the most advanced methods to help athletes and other active individuals emerge stronger so they can return to their regular activities as quickly and safely as possible.
What Is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine is an orthopedic subspecialty that focuses on diagnosing and treating a wide range of activity-limiting conditions that may be caused by injury, disease, or the normal process of aging. These conditions primarily, but not exclusively, affect the knee, shoulder, hip, ankle, and elbow. Not just for competitive athletes, this specialty serves anyone with a musculoskeletal injury or pain who would like to be more active than their medical condition allows.
Our approach to sports medicine involves treating the entire patient, rather than a set of symptoms. Before turning to surgical intervention, we explore all nonsurgical options, which may include bracing, medication, casting, and injections, as well as physical therapy. If surgery is needed, our advanced technology allows us to offer both traditional and minimally invasive procedures that often allow patients to recover much sooner.
EmergeOrtho’s innovative approach also enables our physicians to focus on how athletes can prevent injury and improve their performance without placing themselves at risk for injuries or other problems. Our team has a history of effectively treating patients of all ages and activity levels. In addition, we serve as team physicians for many high schools and colleges in the communities where we practice, as well as for our local professional and semi-professional sports teams.
What Types of Injuries and Conditions Does EmergeOrtho Treat?
EmergeOrtho’s North Carolina sports medicine experts and other providers have advanced specialty training in treating injuries and conditions affecting these areas of the body:
- Neck/shoulder, including frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tears, shoulder impingement, and shoulder instability
- Arm/elbow, including sprains and tennis or golf elbow
- Hand/wrist, including carpal tunnel syndrome, mallet finger, and hand and wrist fractures
- Hip/knee, including ligament tears and arthritis
- Upper/lower leg, including fractures, joint dislocations, and shin splints
- Foot/ankle, including Achilles tendon rupture and ankle sprains
Treatment Options Available at EmergeOrtho
The experts at EmergeOrtho work as a team to determine the best treatment plan for each individual. Common treatments performed by our sports medicine team, depending on EmergeOrtho location, include:
Sports Medicine Service – Knee
- Arthroscopy for meniscal (cartilage) tears
- Arthroscopy for loose bodies
- Arthroscopy for dislocated kneecaps
- Arthroscopy for arthritis
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) surgery
- Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction
- Multi-ligament knee reconstruction
- Reconstruction for dislocated kneecaps
- Articular cartilage restoration