Did you know that upwards of 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain? Sadly, many orthopedic conditions produce symptoms of pain and discomfort. Whether the pain is acute or chronic, it can make daily routines and activities difficult to perform. Interventional pain solutions can help restore your functional ability and quality of life.
At EmergeOrtho, our board-certified, fellowship trained physicians have extensive knowledge and experience to deliver safe and effective interventional pain solutions. When patients seek pain management in NC, EmergeOrtho is here to help. Our ultimate goal is to help you Emerge Healthier. Stronger. Better.
What Is Interventional Pain Treatment?
Interventional pain treatment is a subspecialty of pain management that focuses on a wide range of pain-blocking techniques. When other types of conservative treatment methods have not been successful in addressing pain and discomfort, interventional pain solutions are often effective. At EmergeOrtho, we utilize advanced technology to accurately diagnose and treat patients for a range of pain-producing conditions and injuries.
Much of the success of interventional pain solutions is dependent upon the expertise and skill set of the prescribing physician. Among our specialists are physicians who are board-certified by the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation or the American Board of Anesthesiology.
Examples of interventional pain solutions provided by our EmergeOrtho pain management doctors in NC include:
- Ultrasound-guided joint, tendon sheath, nerve block, or muscle injections
- Fluoroscopically guided peripheral joint steroid (cortisone) injections (shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle, foot, etc.)
- Joint arthrograms
- Joint viscosupplementation injections
- Platelet Rich Plasma injections (PRP) and STEM cell injections
- Trigger point injections
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine facet joint steroid injections under fluoroscopic guidance
- Cervical and lumbar spine medial branch nerve blocks and radiofrequency ablation under fluoroscopic guidance
- Sacroiliac joint steroid injections under fluoroscopic guidance
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine interlaminar or transforaminal epidural steroid injections and selective nerve root blocks under fluoroscopic guidance
- Sacral lateral branch nerve blocks and radiofrequency ablation under fluoroscopic guidance
- Genicular (knee) nerve blocks and radiofrequency ablation under fluoroscopic guidance
- Spinal cord stimulator trials under fluoroscopic guidance
- Occipital nerve blocks
- Discogram, used to help diagnose low back pain
- Botox injections
- Prolotherapy and neural prolotherapy
EmergeOrtho Difference—Emerge Healthier. Stronger. Better.
Our board-certified physicians and surgeons have decades of experience in quality orthopedic care, including non-surgical treatments and minimally invasive surgical techniques. One of our interventional pain management specialists will review your condition and determine whether you would be a good candidate for this type of therapy.
EmergeOrtho’s goal is to help restore your functional ability and quality of life. We accept most insurance policies and even offer self-pay options.
To learn more about interventional pain solutions, request a visit with one of our EmergeOrtho doctors now.