Effective Date: July 19, 2023
EmergeOrtho takes your privacy seriously, and we want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your information when you visit this website or use its related mobile applications (which we will refer to as “this website” or “EmergeOrtho website” from here on).
The information contained on this website does not constitute medical or healthcare advice for any individual problem. It is not a substitute for medical or other professional advice and services from a qualified healthcare provider familiar with a patient’s unique facts. Individuals with health concerns should always consult a healthcare provider for any health problem or medical condition, and/or prior to the start of any new treatment.
Collection of Personal Information You Submit
When you use this website, we may use the personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you submit an inquiry or register for an event. By doing so, you are giving EmergeOrtho your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. If you choose to provide us with personal information on this website, including completing a web form or sending us an email, we will use that information to help us provide you the information or service you have requested or respond to your message.
The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting this website. This personal information may include your:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Zip code
- Any other details you voluntarily choose to submit
The amount of information you provide is completely voluntary; however, providing less information might limit a user’s ability to access all of the website features.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition to the personal information you voluntarily submit to us, EmergeOrtho and its vendors use analytics tools and other third-party technologies to collect certain information automatically when you use this website. We collect and analyze this information because it helps us to better design our website to suit your needs. This information may include:
- The Internet domain from which you access this website
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access this website.
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access this website.
- The date and time you accessed this website.
- The Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit.
- Your username if it was used to log in to this website.
- If you visited this website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your device, you can turn cookies off. The federal government shares online instructions how to opt out of various types of cookies in popular desktop and mobile browsers, and Google Analytics and Google Demographic and Interest reports at https://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions. Please note that certain features of this website might not function if you delete or disable cookies.
Use of Personal Information
EmergeOrtho uses information obtained via this website to educate and inform users about EmergeOrtho and the communities we serve, and for other compatible purposes, such as responding to your inquiries, facilitating and improving your online experience, and maintaining the security and integrity of our website.
For example, if you provide your email address so you can receive emails about a particular activity or topic, we may send you information about other activities or topics we believe are compatible with your request. If you wish to stop receiving such promotional communications from us, you may use the “unsubscribe” link included in our emails to opt out. Please note that we may still send you transactional and administrative emails even if you opt out of promotional communications.
Other examples of how we may use information obtained via this website include to:
- Provide you with information, items, or services, or to process transactions that you requested or agreed to receive.
- Communicate with you, including responding to inquiries that you submitted, and/or emailing, calling, or texting you in accordance with your preferences and subject to your consent, were required by law.
- Process your registration for events, newsletters, and on pages that require registration, including as necessary for authentication and verification purposes.
- Manage and administer this website, including maintaining user accounts.
- Create new service offerings, personalize and optimize your experience on this website, or to suggest specific content that may be most relevant to you.
- Prevent unauthorized, improper, fraudulent, or illegal activities on this website.
Disclosure of User Information
We may disclose user information obtained through this website to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and vendors subject to applicable law and in accordance with contractual restrictions.
In addition, we may disclose user information for the purposes described below:
- Legal compliance, including to law enforcement, government authorities, regulatory bodies, or other parties as we deem necessary or appropriate to comply with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal obligations, or to assist in investigations to prevent fraud or other harms, and to enforce our agreements and policies.
- Corporate transactions, including to third parties in connection with a business transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business assets (including negotiations of the transaction).
- Security and safety, including to a third party to prevent harm, fraud, or any other illegal activities; to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose data to assist in prevent a death or serious bodily injury; or to protect the security and integrity of this website, or our services and products.
EmergeOrtho has implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures to help safeguard your personal information against unauthorized or illegal access, destruction, use, loss, modification, or disclosure.
Although we follow reasonable procedures to safeguard information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure, and it is impossible for EmergeOrtho to completely guarantee that user data will be immune from malicious attack or compromise. Users of this website should understand that their transmission of personal or user data is always at their own risk.
Storage and Maintenance of User Data in the United States
EmergeOrtho collects and stores all user data domestically; therefore, your information will be subject to the laws of the United States, regardless of the country from which your data originates.
Links to Other Websites
EmergeOrtho’s website is not directed to children, and we do not intentionally collect any personal information from individuals under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child, we will securely delete such information in accordance with applicable law.