Back pain ranks as one of the most common issues concerning Americans where 65 million Americans will report their pain. Of that 65 million, 16 million adults will suffer from chronic back pain, which lasts longer than three months. If you are one of the millions struggling with daily activities from your back pain, EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region’s back and spine specialists can help you manage your agony.
Receiving medical care from EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region’s back doctors puts you in the hands of board-certified, fellowship-trained, and trusted spinal specialists who have dedicated their lives to helping everyday people return to a functioning quality of life.
What can a Neck, Spine or Back Doctor Do to Help?
EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region’s back doctors will guide you in how to care for your pain by evaluating your current state, setting up treatment plans, and discussing potential surgery performed by one of our spine surgeons if needed. Our orthopedic spine specialists will only suggest surgery if all other options fail to reduce pain.
Our back doctors will treat you for:
Our back and spine specialists will offer the following procedures and treatment options:
- Spine Surgery
- Lumbar Discectomy/Microdiscectomy
- Lumbar Decompression
- Lumbar Hemilaminectomy/Foraminotomy
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Posterior Lumbar Fusion: PLIF, TLIF
- Minimally Invasive Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Percutaneous Posterior Lumbar Pedicle Screw Instrumentation
- Percutaneous Lumbar Facet Screw Instrumentation
- Anterior Lumbar Fusion: ALIF, XLIF/ DLIF, AxiaLIF, OLIF
- Kyphoplasty/Vertebroplasty for Fracture Treatment
- Lumbar Total Disc Replacement (Artificial Disc Replacement): performed since 2005
- Numerous FDA Clinical Trials of minimally invasive, motion-preserving technology (Triangle Region)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy & Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy & Discectomy
- Posterior Cervical Laminectomy & Fusion
- Cervical Spinal Fusion Procedure
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Cervical Total Disc Replacement (Artificial Disc Replacement): performed since 2005
- Spinal Decompression
- Spinal Fusion
- Scoliosis Correction
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Robotic Assisted Surgery
When to see a Neck, Spine or Back Doctor
If you are unsure of when to see one of our neck doctors, spinal specialists, or back doctors, paying attention to common symptoms will steer you in the right direction. Symptoms should not be ignored as doing so could lead to further and even more severe injury. Common symptoms include:
- Pain in the back, leg, or foot that feels worse when standing or walking
- Pain after lifting heavy objects
- Radiating pain from the neck to the arm/hand or from the back to the leg/foot
- Weakness in the arms
- Tingling or weakness in the legs or arms
- Dexterity problems
- Weakness that is concentrated in one area of the arm or leg
About Our Neck, Spine & Back Doctors
The EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region back and spine specialists have years of preparation and experience to offer proper evaluation and treatment for all patients. Their passion to help people regain a purpose in life motivates them to perform top treatment, whether it be a simple evaluation, offering a treatment plan, or meeting a spine doctor to schedule surgery with a spine surgeon.
If you want to meet with one of EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region’s orthopedic spine specialists, click here to schedule your appointment and Emerge Stronger, Healthier, and Better.