At EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region, we have the highest number of fellowship-trained surgeons in the area, each having spent a minimum of one additional year of intense training in their orthopedic subspecialty. All of our doctors are board-certified or board-eligible, meaning that each of our specialists is committed to the highest standard of advanced orthopedic assessments and treatments.
EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region surgeons are the best spine specialists nearby. Having completed in-depth, advanced training in the specific care of injuries and conditions relating to the back and spine, our back doctors nearby have intense knowledge and experience in the latest nonsurgical and surgical innovations as well as methodologies to help you get rid of your back pain.
Back and Spine Conditions We Treat
Patients will receive professional, affordable orthopedic back and spinal care at any one of EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region’s comprehensive orthopedic care clinics. Our subspecialty, patient-centered approach assures that you get timely and accurate treatment from the best spine specialist nearby—one with in-depth knowledge of your specific back or spine condition.
At EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region, our spine doctors treat a wide range of back-related conditions and injuries, including:
- Upper Back Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Chronic Back Pain
- Spinal Instability
- Spine and Neck Fractures
- Herniated Disc (Ruptured Disc)
- Slipped Vertebrae: Spondylolisthesis
When We Recommend Spine Surgery
A large majority of back problems can be alleviated with nonsurgical, conservative treatments. Our back specialists first try several nonsurgical treatments to relieve back pain, such as nonsteroidal pain relievers, cold and heat applications, massage, and physical therapy. Spine surgery is only recommended when conservative treatments have not relieved the pain after some time. Also, Surgery is only considered when our doctors can pinpoint the precise source of the pain.
Our back doctors in the Blue Ridge Region have on-site access to the most advanced diagnostic and imaging tools to efficiently and effectively diagnose, treat, and even prevent back issues. In our care clinics, we use state-of-the-art MRI scanners, electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies (NCS), and X-rays, among other tools, to conduct a precise analysis of your back condition before deciding on surgery.
Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Specialists
The latest technological innovations and advancements enable our surgeons to provide several minimally invasive surgical options to alleviate back pain. Minimally invasive back surgery involves a much smaller, more targeted incision than traditional open surgery. The smaller incision helps surgeons see the site of the problem up close and avoid damage to the muscles and other normal structures around the spine. Minimally invasive spine surgery has many benefits over traditional surgery, including:
- Faster recovery
- Lower risk of complication
- Decreased risk of infection
- Less post-operative pain
- Less scarring
- Shorter hospital stay
With these technologies, many spine surgeries can also be done on an outpatient basis. Our back specialists in the Blue Ridge Region have been specially trained to work with these smaller incisions using tools and techniques that allow for more precise, positive outcomes.
Some surgeries, however, are not amenable to minimally invasive surgery. Your surgeon will complete a detailed review of your particular back or spine condition and recommend the surgical procedure and technique that can most effectively and efficiently relieve your condition. Collectively, our team of spine specialists in the Blue Ridge Region has performed the following procedures:
- Spine Surgery
- Lumbar Discectomy/Microdiscectomy
- Lumbar Decompression
- Lumbar Hemilaminectomy/Foraminotomy
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Posterior Lumbar Fusion: PLIF, TLIF
- Minimally Invasive Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Percutaneous Posterior Lumbar Pedicle Screw Instrumentation
- Percutaneous Lumbar Facet Screw Instrumentation
- Anterior Lumbar Fusion: ALIF, XLIF/ DLIF, AxiaLIF, OLIF
- Kyphoplasty/Vertebroplasty for Fracture Treatment
- Lumbar Total Disc Replacement (Artificial Disc Replacement): performed since 2005
- Numerous FDA Clinical Trials of minimally invasive, motion-preserving technology (Triangle Region)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy & Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy & Discectomy
- Posterior Cervical Laminectomy & Fusion
- Cervical Spinal Fusion Procedure
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Cervical Total Disc Replacement (Artificial Disc Replacement): performed since 2005
- Spinal Decompression
- Spinal Fusion
- Scoliosis Correction
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Robotic Assisted Surgery
Personalized Treatment Plans
At EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region, our back and spine subspecialists recognize that each patient’s condition is unique to them. That’s why we approach every patient with a personalized combination of treatments, therapies, and effective healing protocols.
With sophisticated imaging tools and advanced nonsurgical and surgical treatment capabilities, our spine specialists nearby work efficiently and expertly to develop a precision treatment plan designed to relieve your back pain. Our comprehensive treatment plans may include advanced spinal imaging with in-house digital X-ray and MRI services, electrodiagnostic testing with EMGs and NCVs, physical therapy, and pain management services, among other protocols.
When to Call a Nearby Spine Specialist
Like many orthopedic conditions and injuries, back and spine problems can get worse if not treated promptly. The following are common symptoms of back conditions that should get treated:
- Pain in the back, leg, or foot that feels worse when standing or walking
- Pain after lifting heavy objects
- Radiating pain from the neck to the arm/hand or from the back to the leg/foot
- Weakness in the arms
- Tingling or weakness in the legs or arms
- Dexterity problems
- Weakness concentrated in one area of the arm or leg
If you have any of these symptoms, you should contact the best spine specialists nearby: EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region. We have assembled a team of back and spine subspecialists who are focused on providing precise and effective treatment for your back issues.
Request an appointment today and Emerge Stronger, Healthier, and Better with the help of EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region.