Back pain is a common complaint that can significantly impact your daily life. If you are experiencing back pain, it is important to consider seeking care from an orthopedic urgent care center. Hospital emergency room wait times can be hours long, and patients with orthopedic injuries often do not get immediate attention. Our trained orthopedists will provide immediate urgent care for your back pain. You can simply walk in and get prompt, specialized treatment. Our dedicated orthopedic centers are designed to streamline treatment so patients receive quality and swift care in one location, at a substantially lower cost than a hospital ER.
Symptoms and Potential Injuries Causing Back Pain
Back pain can manifest in various ways, such as a dull ache, sharp pain, or radiating discomfort. It may be accompanied by stiffness, limited mobility, or muscle spasms. Several conditions or injuries could be causing your back pain, including:
- Muscle strains or sprains: overstretching or tearing of muscles or ligaments in the back
- Herniated discs: the rubbery discs between spinal bones can rupture or bulge, pressing on nearby nerves
- Degenerative disc disease: spinal disc wear and tear, leading to pain and inflammation
- Spinal stenosis: the narrowing of the spinal canal, causing nerve compression and pain
- Spondylolisthesis: the displacement of one vertebra over another, often leading to nerve compression
- Compression fractures: weakening and collapsing of spinal bones, commonly seen in osteoporosis
There are some major issues orthopedic urgent care cannot manage, including:
- Nonorthopedic care
- Open fractures (in which bone is protruding from the skin)
- Initial visits following a motor vehicle accident
If your back pain is severe, accompanied by other concerning symptoms, it is important to seek immediate medical attention by calling emergency services or visiting the nearest emergency room.
What To Expect From a Visit to Orthopedic Urgent Care
Whether you need walk-in urgent care or have an appointment, patients receive prompt evaluations and comprehensive care specific to their injury. Unlike traditional urgent care, there is no long waiting period, while other, more significant emergencies take precedence. Since we exclusively treat acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries, there will not be patients with the flu, contagious conditions, or other nonorthopedic complaints in the waiting room.
When you visit our urgent care for back pain, we will provide a comprehensive evaluation to determine the cause of your pain. This may involve a physical examination, a review of your medical history, and possibly imaging tests. We are equipped with the most advanced diagnostic and imaging tools and services for rapid, precision diagnoses, including:
- EMG Nerve Test/Electromyogram
- CT Scan
The Team of Urgent Care Back Pain Specialists
EmergeOrtho orthopedic urgent care centers have a back and spine team devoted to the highest possible standard of advanced orthopedic diagnoses and treatments. Since we have experts in diagnostics, surgical and nonsurgical treatments, and therapies in one location, we can provide our patients with personalized, integrative, and orthopedic care quickly, accurately, and at an affordable cost. Additionally, we are part of a larger, integrated orthopedic practice, so you can also receive follow-up care at one of our many locations.
What Can Urgent Care Do for Your Lower Back Pain?
An EmergeOrtho urgent care can do a range of treatments for back pain, depending on the underlying cause. These may include:
- Pain-management techniques: our back specialists can provide nonopioid pain medications and recommend appropriate over-the-counter options for short-term relief.
- Physical therapy: we can develop personalized exercise programs to improve strength, flexibility, and posture, which can alleviate back pain.
- Injections: if necessary, orthopedic urgent care center doctors can administer targeted injections, such as epidural steroid injections, to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
If you are wondering if you should go to an orthopedic urgent care for back pain, the answer is yes. We know time is of the essence when your back is causing you trouble. Rather than going to a general urgent care or hospital emergency room, come to EmergeOrtho—Blue Ridge Region urgent care for your back pain and receive the immediate and expert specialty care you need.
Walk in or reserve your spot so we can help you Emerge Stronger. Healthier. Better.