Education and Expertise
Dr. Scarritt earned an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University before returning to his home state of Alabama to earn a medical degree at the University of South Alabama. He then moved to the Triangle, where he completed his residency in general surgery at the University of North Carolina. After residency, he completed a Fellowship in Minimally-Invasive Surgery at the University of Arizona.
Dr. Scarritt has experience treating abdominal, gastrointestinal(GI), and hernia illnesses and conditions, which include:
- Diseases of the esophagus, stomach, gallbladder, small bowel, appendix, and large bowel, including reflux
- Inguinal, femoral, ventral/incisional, diaphragmatic, and other hernias
His fellowship training as a general surgery specialist has prepared Dr. Scarritt to offer laparoscopic surgery and robotic techniques when treating GI and hernia issues.
- Undergraduate education: Georgetown University (Magna Cum Laude)
- Medical school: University of South Alabama
- Residency: General Surgery – University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Fellowship: Advanced Gastrointestinal/Minimally Invasive Surgery – University of Arizona
- American College of Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Request a consultation with Dr. Scarritt now. Or, call us at 919-281-1723 any time to speak with an EmergeOrtho—Triangle Region team member.