Our Expertise Treats Lower Back Pain So You Can Emerge Stronger
When you’re suffering from debilitating lower (lumbar) back pain it can limit your activity and decrease your quality of life. You can trust that EmergeOrtho utilizes the latest, innovative treatments for back pain. We put our experience to work for you to provide nonsurgical solutions for your pain before considering surgery.
Lower back pain is very common—four out of five Americans have experienced it in their lifetimes. While often, the condition improves with rest, medicine, or physical therapy, sometimes additional interventions are necessary.
We create the best treatment plans for patients thanks to our highly specialized team which includes:
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians who specialize in the non-surgical management of back and neck pain, including fellowship training in interventional spine (injections for non-surgical pain relief)
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeons
- Physician assistants specialty-trained in orthopedics
- Therapists who specialize in back and spine treatment
Causes of lower back pain
Back pain can be a temporary or chronic condition and can occur from something as simple as a pulled muscle or from something more serious such as a chronic disease.
Many medical conditions can lead patients to experience lower back pain. The most common are:
- Strain (from overactivity)
- Age (as we age the vertebrae and discs in our back slowly deteriorate)
- Herniated discs
- Muscle tears
- Chronic pain syndromes
There are also a number of factors that may increase your risk of developing lower back pain. Several of these risk factors are excess weight, lack of exercise, incorrect lifting, diseases such as cancer and arthritis, smoking, and psychological conditions such as anxiety and depression.
Treatments for Lower Back Pain
We’ll work with you to determine the best treatment plan for you. There are several treatment options for lower back pain. They may include:
- Anti-inflammatory medication
- Physical therapy
- Back braces
- Surgical spinal fusion
- Disc replacement
EmergeOrtho’s physicians are leaders in their fields, and all are either board-certified or board-eligible. This means we are able to provide the highest quality of orthopedic care for back, neck and spine pain in a manner that is efficient and compassionate.